Saturday, December 23, 2006

The AFL Super Bowl Matchup

Alright everyone, the AFL Super Bowl has arrived. Through stellar management and the help of LaDainian Tomlinson, I navigated 15 weeks of football to land myself in the AFL Super Bowl. With a couple hundred bucks on the line, the Young Action will be facing off against Crunk Juice and Goose. Below is a shot at the matchup.

As you can see from the preview above, both teams rode the success of their running backs as both of us have terrible quarterbacks. I think I have the edge though with Frank Gore as my second back compared to Deuce McAllister. Additionally, LT is definitely the better back between him and LJ, despite my loyalty to the Penn State boys. Though in full disclosure, I had the #1 pick on my other team and picked LJ over LT, and safe to say I did not make it past the first round while one of the guys in the final in that league DOES have LT.

On the WR front, Crunk has the slight advantage, though both of us have targets on the Cardinals, which makes the San Francisco-Arizona game an interesting one to watch, particularly since I am starting Alex Smith over Trent Green this week AND am relying on Frank Gore to rack up some points.

All in all, it's going to be a tight matchup. Take a look below to see what the computers are saying about the battle, and check back throughout the weekend to see how I'm faring...

No comments: